What is AI Coding?
Use AI Coding to automatically generate inductive codes for your text data.
What is AI Coding?
ATLAS.ti is proud to offer AI Coding, the first of many truly automated features, powered by the world-leading GPT models from OpenAI.
How does AI Coding work?
1. Select your text document(s)
To analyze multiple text documents, select your documents from the Document Manager. Then click on three dots at the bottom of the page, select "Tools" and then select "AI Coding". To analyze a single document, you can also open any document and click on Tools and then click on "AI Coding".
2. Start AI Coding
After clicking "Start Coding," ATLAS.ti will ask if you want to proceed and show you a rough estimate of the time it will take to process your data.
3. Review the results
After AI Coding has finished, ATLAS.ti will present you an overview of the results, then you can click "Create quotations".
To easily review your results, we recommend clicking on "Save as view" to save a view of the AI Coding results. This view will include the date, time, and all of the created codes and their associated quotations. You can always access this view from your View page, and this view also makes it easy for you to review the codings and make any edits as necessary (e.g., add/remove codes, rename codes, merge codes in the Code Manager, etc.).
- It’s best to submit documents that belong together thematically in the same round of AI Coding. This will improve coding quality and enable ATLAS.ti to ignore repeating patterns across documents, such as interview questions.
- AI Coding works per paragraph. For best results, interview questions or participant names in transcripts should be on their own paragraph, and the paragraph structure of a document should be well-defined. When editing your document, use the numbers on the left margin to determine separation between paragraphs.
- PDF documents do not contain paragraphs, even if they look like they do, so results from PDF documents will likely be poor.
- AI Coding skips very short paragraphs.
- AI Coding only looks at the plain text of your documents. Existing codes, quotations, and formatting have no bearing on its results.