See an overview of your quotations (data segments), download reports, and easily query your data by applying filter rules
The central power of ATLAS.ti Web lies in the ability to create quotations. The Quotation Manager provides you with the bigger picture, enabling you to receive a full overview of all quotations you’ve selected across your documents, including your codes, and comments.
The Quotation Manager displays a list of your quotations, and you can see a visual overview of your code frequencies at the top. View and edit any comments written on quotations by clicking the "Comment" space/button. All of the quotations in your project are already shown, and if you want to see the quotations associated with a particular code, you can simply click on that code in the bar chart (click on a code again to deselect it). You can also select multiple codes and see all of the associated quotations (the total number of quotations shown is listed at the top of the page). Quotations are shown in alphabetical order by default, but you can also choose if you want to have them ordered by comment, document name, number of codes, creation date, or last update, by clicking on the "Sort by" button at the top of the page.
You can also set filters on the quotations to focus on particular quotations, documents, document groups, codes, code groups, or comments. You can also save these filtered views as reports, so you can always easily revisit the gathered quotations and track your analysis as it develops.
How to set filter rules on your quotations:
- Click on the “Filter” button (at the top of the screen)
- Click on the "Filter quotations by" button
- Choose which aspect you want to filter for (content, document name, document group, code, code group, comment, or creator)
- Type in or select the information that you are interested in, and ATLAS.ti Web will show only the quotations that match your filter
- You can add as many filter rules as you want to query your data
- Click on "Apply" to view the resulting quotations
- To save this filtered view, click on "Save as report"
- Enter a name for the new report
- You can also describe that filter view by clicking on the information icon and writing in the comment space of the report
- Download Excel reports of your filtered quotations by clicking on the download button
For example, do you want to see quotations that are associated to a particular code? Click on “Filter Quotations by” and select “Code”. You can then choose the filter parameter you want (e.g., “has any of,” “has all of,” “is exactly,” “has none of,” “contains,” or “does not contain”), and select the code(s) you are interested in. You will then see all of the quotations that are associated to the code(s) you have selected.
You can repeat these steps to view quotations that contain a specific word in the content or comment space, are associated with a given code or code group, and/or that come from a particular document or group of documents. Remember, you can add as many filters as you would like, and if you are using more than one filter, you can also specify whether you want to see the quotations that match all of the rules or quotations that match any of the rules. From the reports page, you can edit any of your already saved reports by clicking on the report and then clicking on the filter button to view or change the filter rules.
You can take also advantage of the Quotation Manager to gather and save your insights. By saving the filtered view as a report in ATLAS.ti Web, you can continue coding your data, and the resulting quotations will be updated in your report. You can view all your saved reports by clicking on the report icon in the left-hand panel to access the Reports Manager.